Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Thursday Thirteen: Circular Discussion

While I was rummaging around looking at old (paper) files, I found a folder of things I wrote down about my children when they were little. Kids say some funny things as they are learning to use logic, and if you listen in on their conversations, you may be entertained. When my kids were about 9 (L), 7 (B), and 5 (M), they had this circular discussion in a busy restaurant during a family vacation somewhere in the Wild West.

The previous entry is another one of their circular discussions.

M: What’s the matter with that man?

B: Did you hear what he said?

L: What?

B: He said a criminal escaped from a prison.

M: What?

B: He said a criminal escaped from a prison.

M: Who said?

B: That man.

M: What did he do?

B: He didn’t do anything. He said something.

L: Who? The man? He means the criminal, B.

B: I don’t know. How am I supposed to know?

M: I don’t know. You said it.

No comments:

Post a Comment