Al Gore won an Oscar recently for work on his best-documentary film “An Inconvenient Truth.” I believe Gore is sincerely concerned about the environment and truly wants to help find solutions for the damage we humans have done to it.
The full story can be seen at this linked site. "It is the overriding world challenge of our time," Gore said. "I really hope the decision by the academy to honor the work by director Davis Guggenheim and these producers will convince people who did not go see it before to see the movie and learn about the climate crisis and become a part of the solution."
What are some simple but helpful things we could do?
1. Throw trash into designated trash cans rather than out the window of the car onto the roadside.
2. Recycle everything we possibly can.
3. Turn off water while we brush our teeth.
4. Turn off lights when we leave a room.
5. Use those new curly low-wattage light bulbs instead of regular incandescent ones.
6. Remember that powerful picture in TV commercials some years back of a Native American shedding tears over the terribly polluted river in the background.
We are charged by God with taking care of the earth; we should all take this responsibility as seriously as Al Gore does.