Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Pray for President Obama

Christianity Today has a very good article, urging us to pray for our new President. I think it's important that we do that. The Bible teaches that we should obey our leaders and pray for them, regardless of whether they are of the same beliefs we are. We all need prayer.

Personally, I have a great deal of hope for America under his leadership. I like his attitude of direct honesty. I'd love to see us get rid of so much harsh divisiveness and the hateful cynicism of the last decade or so. I voted for Obama for these reasons, after much soul-searching.

Disclaimer: I disagree with his opinions about abortion, which I consider to be out-and-out killing of a baby, no matter what the circumstances. God creates life. However! I sincerely believe that no matter what legislation is or is not accomplished regarding abortion, the only way we will get rid of it is through changing the hearts of huge numbers of people. I personally plan to work on that through our local Open Door Crisis Pregnancy Center. Also, I throw in my opinions in my English classroom lectures and reading assignments whenever I get the chance--shamelesss. You can find ways in your community.

Maybe God is doing a new thing?! He often does that, you know. Maybe hearts will turn toward God. Pray for America!

No comments:

Post a Comment