Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Maybe Not Falling through the Cracks

On Sunday, I wrote a somewhat scalding diatribe about divorced parents who don’t care enough about their children to see that they are loved and cared for in spite of a divorce. Even if the marriage falls apart, I said, the parents must not let their children fall through the (wide) cracks. That’s their elemental, absolute, rock-bottom first responsibility.

I said, too, that “I know some people who have done that.” A number of folks have been praying for this situation.

Well, prayer has been answered!! The people changed their minds about their big move because they realized that the children were their first priority. The divorce is still in place, but both parents will BE THERE FOR* the children. Prayer is powerful.

Thank you, Jesus.

O frabjous day! Callou! Callay!


*Be there for: As an English teacher, I dislike this inane phrase, and I often tell my students not to use it in formal writing. What does it mean, really? Well, maybe that will be the subject of another entry.

No comments:

Post a Comment