Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Thirteen Greatest Movies of All Time

This list of thirteen somethings is part of Thursday Thirteen, a meme hosted by Lauren of "To God Be the Glory."


After due consideration and agonizing, I have decided upon the thirteen greatest movies of all time. Here they are, not necessarily in order of greatness; I tried to put them in order, but it was just too much. So they are scrambled.

1. The Mission
In fact, I talked about this movie in connection with burdens of guilt in two related entries in April--"Release" and "Release, Part 2."




2. The Prince of Egypt

3. Tootsie

4. Les Miserables


This is a wonderful story of forgiveness and redemption!




5. O Brother, Where Art Thou?

6. To Kill a Mockingbird

7. The Passion of the Christ
This movie was the subject of much controversy. I think we as a society
don't want to think about Christ's suffering.


8. A River Runs Through It


9. The Apostle

10. Cinderella Man

11. Hamlet
The best Hamlet of all time is Mel Gibson, hands down, no doubt
about it.




12. Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe

13. East of Eden
This is a great story, one of James Dean's few movies. It is based on John Steinbeck's novel by the same name.


2 comments:

Geekwif said...

I've only seen a few of these.

Les Mis - I really want to see it, but haven't gotten around to it yet.

O Brother, Where Art Thou - Amazing movie!

Passion of the Christ - I just couldn't do it. The mere thought of what He went through for me reduces me to tears. I really think I'd be nothing more than a blubbering lump on the floor if I ever saw this movie.

Chronicles of Narnia: LWW - Great movie! I loved the book and was so happy to see how close they stuck to the original story.

Thanks for a great list! It may just inspire me to finally see some of these that I have not yet seen.

BlondeBrony said...

I've only caught a few of those.
I'll have to grab some this weekend, oh no wait this weekend is crazy. Next weekend I guess.

Happy TT!

Post a Comment