Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Six (Thirteen, Actually) Weird Things about Me

I am by default tagged to tell six weird things about myself. I am being lazy and using the same thing for Thursday Thirteen. If you want to be tagged, let me know in the comments, and go for it--consider yourself tagged!

1. I often start things and get distracted before I am finished. Eventually I go back (usually) and finish. Today’s closet cleaning is a good example.

2. I am impulsive. For example, today I learned about Second Life during lunch with my buddy Laura. As soon as I got home, I sat down and wrote about it for my blog (“O Brave New Second Life”).

3. I love broccoli and cooked cabbage. Broccoli tastes entirely different when you put Smart Balance margarine and lemon juice on it. Yum. My favorite dessert of all time is chocolate chip cookies.

4. I almost always read while I brush my teeth. I have read a jillion books while brushing my teeth and taking a bath.

5. My friend Karen and I used to spend a lot of time writing stories together; she'd write a couple of paragraphs and then I would take over. It was fun. We still do that sometimes, lo these many years later.

6. I feel cold when the temperature is below 75 degrees and hot if it is over 80 degrees.

7. I became a sold-out lover of Jesus thirteen years ago. But that's not weird--it's been a much better life since then.

8. My office at the college is fairly messy. I scurry around and straighten it up about three times per semester, when the impulse strikes me. A little sign on my desk justifies this: “A cluttered desk is a sign of genius.”

9. I cry easily over things people don’t usually seem to cry over, such as gorgeous sunsets, brilliant blue butterflies, and beautiful music, art, and literature. Also--sweet cards from my children and grandchildren

10. I tend to be a little shy around people I don’t know well.

11. When I was in high school, my highest goal in life was to be a cheerleader. At a class reunion about twenty years ago, one of my old classmates said, “What!!?? YOU have a master’s degree in English???”

12. I am a pushover for students who beg for a second chance, and every semester I bend the rules for one or two.

13. However, when they don’t come to class and don’t do their work, I think they deserve their “F” instead of the way we drop them from the class roll. I think people should do what they are supposed to do. They shouldn't be babied.

No comments:

Post a Comment