Wednesday, December 14, 2005

One of my friends is a pediatrics nurse who has worked for years with labor and delivery. She e-mailed me yesterday in response to my prayer request for Kathy, the young mother with high blood pressure, and her unborn baby son Daniel.

She said that it's true that the baby would be safer outside the uterine environment because of the high blood pressure. But--there's a positive aspect of it: the mother's high blood pressure has the effect of causing the baby's lungs to mature faster, to prepare him for breathing earlier.

I continue to be amazed at God's provision and planning. He loves tiny babies and wants life and good health for them. Who says there's no intelligent design? I am in awe of him.

~~
Speaking of awe, I can't wait to see The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe, which is out now. It is based--very closely, I hear--on C. S. Lewis' novel, part of the Chronicles of Narnia. Today's special effects capabilities will be put to the test with this story, as with the Lord of the Rings series. Can the moviemakers convey the awe that the inhabitants of Narnia feel for Aslan, the lion who represents Christ?

No comments:

Post a Comment