Thursday, August 24, 2006

Best Books

What are the best books? There are so many!!! I was "tagged" to do this by TS, whose list is interesting.

One book that changed your life: The Gospel of John because it showed me God’s gospel of love through Jesus.

One book that you’ve read more than once: To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee; The Secret of Santa Vittoria by Robert Crichton; The Life of the Beloved by Henri Nouwen (I know that’s more than one! What can I say?)

One book you’d want on a desert island: The Bible; Les Miserables by Victor Hugo; A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens (I know, I know, it’s more than one.)

One book that made you laugh: Flabbergasted by Ray Blackston

One book that made you cry [or feel really sad]: Night by Elie Wiesel; Schindler’s List by Thomas Keneally; The Pearl by John Steinbeck; Four Letters of Love by Niall Williams (not always sad, just sad in spots, touching in others)

One book that you wish had been written: My father wanted to write a book about his experiences, but he never got very far with it.

One book that you wish had never been written: No such thing exists!

One book you’re currently reading: Trail of Feathers by Robert Rivard, the true story of the murder of American journalist Philip True in Mexico, and the difficult road to justice; all proceeds from the sale of this book go to True’s son. I bought the book at a conference for literary nonfiction, where Rivard was speaking.

One book you’ve been meaning to read: New Perspectives on Paul by N. T. Wright

I'm supposed to tag five people to do a list of their own. Hmmm, do I have five regular readers? I don't know. I'm going to tag some who don't have blogs of their own; they can do their lists and send them to me to be posted here, if they want to. I hereby tag RLC, Kansas Bob, Karen, Angela, and Debra.




1 comment:

Tyson said...

Please let me know what you think of the Paul book when you get a chance to read it. I'd be very interested to know. Thanks.

Post a Comment