Sunday, August 13, 2006

Lifeline of Love

His life is full of depression, bitterness, resentment, and anger. I suspect, too, that fear has a large place in his heart, although he would never admit it. He has been a close friend of mine for a long time.

Even though many people esteem him and care for him, he has feelings of not belonging anywhere and of not doing anything worthwhile in the long run. He feels that he has lost control over most of the people in his life; as a result, he hangs onto control over himself with a joyless determination that is daunting. It is a living death.

When we let the love of Jesus Christ into our lives, he turns us into a new creation, filling us with the Holy Spirit, the Spirit of Truth. From that point on, we come alive with Christ. We can tap into his great resurrection power if we will just give ourselves up to him. We no longer have to live a non-life.

I want to let God use his awesome power of love through me. Through this love and in this love, maybe I can throw a lifeline to my friend. I will have to pray hard to give myself up completely to God--I find my friend a little intimidating, even though I know that God’s perfect love drives out all fear.

Ephesians 2:4 says, "It's a wonder God didn't lose his temper and do away with the whole lot of us. Instead, immense in mercy and with an incredible love, he embraced us. He took our sin-dead lives and made us alive in Christ."

**Quotes are from The Message.

No comments:

Post a Comment